Monday, November 17, 2008

Heels and Seals (not ones with the cool scar & heidi klume), could you?

Heels and Seals (not ones with the cool scar & heidi klume)

First...many of you have asked me, "So.....How was HSM 3?"

Well...let me start by saying....

IT WAS AWESOME!!!

and end by saying...

IT WAS AWESOME!!!

I know I'm not supposed to like it, but I just can't help myself -- hold that thought--my chicken vindaloo has to be stirred and heated for another four minutes....I love Trader Joes!--

OK I'm back, eating and blogging....eagging...bloting..bleating...yeah.



Who doesn't want to be Troy Bolton after watching that? Anyway...

So I am in Malibu, California a couple weekends ago (I had a couple of shows in Corona that weekend) and my best girl is with me (to protect her identity, we'll call her "Cool J"). We were climbing on the cliffs and rocks of a place called Point Dume (sounds like Doom, but it's not...it's Dume). The tide was coming in and the sun was setting and I had not yet fallen in the water trying to do stupid things. Everything was perfect.



Since the tide was coming in, we needed to climb higher to avoid being washed out to see or having the waves crush us on the rocks (I tried that later....it's not as fun as it sounds). The place where we were was white, as opposed to all the other red rocks around us. The reason it was white is because a lot of birds hang out there and they poop all over the place (more on this later). So we start climbing and we look out and there are 3 seals right there in the water below us (like within 30 feet). That was so fun! They were swimming around and playing...just made for a fun climb.

Well, we started approaching a little landing as we climbed the cliff and a bird was just sitting there. I told Cool J to be careful in case the bird was sitting on eggs or protecting young. She had her hand on the top, ready to hoist herself up when a face came over the edge and started hissing at us!!! It was a seal...3 feet away from Cool J's head!!! I tried to clap and yell to get it to back off, but told me in no uncertain terms that I was not the boss of him. So Cool J, brave as she is, goes for it, assuming that she is quicker on the rocks than any seal. As she pulls herself up, she looks right and another little seal is staring at her on the other side about 2 feet away from her face!!! I follow and we turn around to find that we are feet away from a mother seal with NINE little seals all around her!!!! Below was the dad and in all, we (and a Pelican they must have adopted) were standing in the midst of 22 seals on the cliffs of Point Dume!!! How cool is that?!?!?

Dad started barking at us and showing off his whiskers (I was very envious of his 'stache), so we took off after awhile. They explained to us that they got a bad rap in the "March of the Penguins" movie and that Morgan Freeman had it in for them. We nodded like we understood but we were both pretty confused by the logic of it all. Anyway, very cool evening in Malibu. And yes, I actually DID go to the coffeeshop where Jamie Kennedy and his gang hung out in the movie, "Malibu's Most Wanted."


Reason why it's nice to live in Nashville - Last night, November 13, I slept with my window open and a fan running in it. It was that warm. Very grateful for that.

Ive been reading the book of Luke lately. I don't know why, but it just felt like the right thing. I just so enjoy picking up the Bible and just reading it...not particularly studying it or looking to get something from it, but just to read it for entertainment sometimes. It's very cool, because the Holy Spirit still reveals great things to you anyway. He is very cool, don't you think?

I love the fall. It is tied for my favorite season with Spring.

As far as music goes, Australia seems to be picking up. That is really cool. I hope I end up getting down there before too long (especially in our winter!).

Also, want to do me a favor? I have discovered this awesome thing called Pandora.com. It is a free radio station on the internet that figures out exactly what you like and morphs into your favorite songs all the time. It is very cool.
Anywho, I want to be on it. The way you get on it is if enough people start requesting you and searching for you. So, if you want to help me live my Pandora dream, you can go to www.pandora.com and click on "about the music" and "find an artist" and type in Charlie Dodrill. The more this happens, the more likely they are to add my music to the project. It is really, really neat and you will thank me for introducing you to it. So....you're welcome in advance.

That's about it for now. I have a question that I'm asking all my friends right now, but I was just told not to put it in a blog because it is too gross. I guess I'll err on the side of not grossing people out, but it's a very good question.

Oh, yeah, I forgot about the heel part. I think I might have broken my heel attempting a fictitious "tail grab" jumping off of a sand dune into what I thought was going to be soft sand but turned out to be a rock. I've been limping now for almost two weeks. If your wondering, yes...I am that big of an idiot. If you've read these blogs long, I know you were not wondering. You already know.










I love you all (but not all in THAT way).

charlie dodrill (probably still wants to be Troy Bolton)

Currently listening :
The Best of KC & the Sunshine Band
By KC & the Sunshine Band
Release date: 1990-06-12

No comments: